Saturday, February 26, 2011

February 26, 2011 Marcia turns, boldly, to smuggling…

Not allowed to bring alcohol on board, which – not our fault – forces us to the dark side.

At Target I buy “The Cube” – a $16 box of cabernet sauvignon that seems a reasonable balance between some pretense to quality and the risk of wine forfeiture.  Apparently I already look guilty because the cashier asks for a photo ID; if a manatee doesn’t get me, I’ll turn 70 in less than three months.  She swypes my driver’s license and we are good to go.

I plan to put the box – equivalent to four bottles - in my checked bags, keeping our carry-on innocent.  To my surprise, and delight, Marcia puts it in her suitcase, not mine.  But then I notice she attaches to her suitcase a baggage tag with my name.

1 comment:

  1. At least on x-ray I'm betting a box of wine is a lot less conspicuous than a bottle.

    ReplyDelete